AGE IS JUST A NUMBER TO ACCOMPANY THE BLESSINGS WE'VE ENCOUNTERED.
The worst of times for me might well be now. Still a work in progress, the clock says the biggest share of my life is behind me. It is sad to lose good friends. It's difficult that children now tell us when we've told them for so many years.
Losing parents and divorce were devastating; I've been so hurt that I could no longer cry. Two of my brothers no longer keep in touch - I've read that this often happens after losing parents, but it hurts. It's beautiful to watch the children and grandchildren grow and learn, but it isn't easy realizing that those days for me are gone forever, and I can't change a thing about the process.
My faith has been tested, but has always provided positive guidance. DH and I have usually made a good team; we shared our dreams and goals. Retirement was always discussed and planned for but it came so quickly!
Today is a gift, to be taken minute by minute because we're here - now. It's sad to realize that many phases of life are behind us, but we've made a difference and can be proud of our accomplishments. The best may be yet to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment