10 September 2012

tug of war ...

Healthy foods help well being, we aren’t wealthy, and friendships are few.  Happiness is time spent with my grandkids.  Misconceptions about me sadden, I’m too shy to get close to acquaintances.  Trying to help others is frustrating (it isn't “my way” but ideas gained from research).

My husband won’t play cards, is opinionated and winters in Florida because he hates cold.  He ridicules my golf game and spoils time fishing together with put downs.  Florida exposes me to couples who “get it!” - we’re surrounded by couples who hold hands, they complete each other.  Other retired mothers receive emails & phone calls, but my daughter hates email, doesn’t phone me, and it’s always “the wrong time” if I phone.

Happiness is a tug-of-war.  The daughter who won’t call asked me to be her matron of honor “because she wanted to ask her best friend.”  She has said, “I’m so glad you’re my Mom!”  Now she tells me how to wear my hair and to get rid of possessions (like my quilting stash) so she won’t have to do it when I’m gone (hey, I’m only 65!).

In life, I’ve knitted, crocheted, latch hooked, tatted, done counted cross stitch and embroidery, quilted, programmed computers and worked on genealogy, scrapbooking, bookkeeping and more.  I taught needlepoint, counted cross stitch, and embroidery - as an employee at a store and within party plan programs.  It’s due time for some “me time” before there is no time left!

No comments: